The noodles will once again be flying next month, as Otaku South is bringing back their Extra Large Ramen Festival for a third year. Slated for Saturday, April 25, the event is changing venues, this time setting up shop at the Nashville Farmers' Market.
As in the past, the event features six ramen chefs from around the country, including:
- Chef Yuichiro Suzuku (Bossanova, New York)
- Chef Katsuya Fukashima (Daikaya, Washington DC)
- Chef Esther Choi from (Mokbar, New York)
- Chef Tatsu Aikawa (Ramen Tatsu-Ya, Austin TX)
- Chef Sarah Gavigan (Otaku South, Nashville TN)
- Chef John Ng (Zenbox, Minneapolis MN)
Otaku's Sarah Gavigan has also partnered up with Matt Leff and Rhizome Productions this year to offer up a selection of craft beer at the event. Tickets are currently on sale, with two different sessions, an afternoon (3 to 6 p.m.) and an evening (7 to 10 p.m.), being offered. A portion of the proceeds will help fund a research grant to help fight rare types of childhood cancers through the International Board of Pediatric Oncologists.