An early morning fire has forced popular Hillsboro Village restaurant and bar Sam's Sports Grill to temporarily close. According to WSMV-Channel 4, the fire was first seen at 7:37 a.m., with flames coming through the roof at the rear of the building by the time firefighters arrived. The majority of the damage was reportedly contained to the kitchen area and back hallway. Luckily no injuries were reported, and adjacent buildings were spared any fire damage.
It's too early to tell when Sam's might open back up for business, so keep an eye on their social media, or check back here for future updates.