UPDATED (9/19/16): After a week and a half of demo and repairs, Husk will reopen this evening at 6 p.m., with normal business hours starting tomorrow.
Some great news out this morning for Husk employees and patrons, as Neighborhood Dining Group president David Howard has issued a statement saying that they are hopeful that the restaurant will be able to reopen for business by the end of this week:
The fire was apparently caused by the failure of the main service line to our building which in turn overloaded our electrical panels.
Due to our team’s hard work and the outstanding response, service and around-the-clock work by David Rains of Rains Electrical and Chris Parker of City Construction, we remain optimistic that we can complete the work and gain the necessary approvals to open by the end of this week. We were so fortunate that nobody was hurt and damage was limited to one section of the building.
It’s a quick turnaround for the restaurant, which has been closed since last Thursday morning’s fire. Be sure to check back for more updates.