It’s election time in Tennessee: early voting around Nashville has been breaking records, and a big turnout is expected to continue on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6.
To encourage people to get out and vote, restaurants around the city are offering specials to those who can prove they voted. And while technically, offering free food and drinks to voters is illegal, restaurants can legally get around that by opening up the offers to everyone, even those without “I Voted” stickers.
This guide will be updated up through Election Day. Have a special to submit? Comment below or email us.
- Midtown restaurant Henley is urging customers to Get out and Vote (and Drink): on election day, November 6, they’re offering a complimentary pour of their seasonal house punch, crafted by bar lead Benjamin Rouse, for those who are wearing an “I Voted” sticker. Absentee voters can celebrate too by mentioning their casted ballot to a member of the Henley team. (2023 Broadway, Midtown)
- Jefferson Street Cafe is hosting an election day party from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., with a mix of poetry, music, discussion and (of course) coffee, beer and food. (1821 Jefferson Street, North Nashville)
- Louie’s Wine Dive is offering happy hour prices all night to those with an “I Voted” sticker. Specials will be posted on the wine board. (101 17th Ave S, Midtown)
- Proper Bagel will give voters 10% off of food tomorrow on election day. (2011 Belmont Blvd, Belmont)
- Beer drinkers can get in on the action at either Southern Grist Brewery taproom — show that handy sticker again for 50% off your first beer. Taprooms open at 11 a.m. (locations in the Nations and East Nashville)
- Stop in at any Barista Parlor location and flash that “I Voted” sticker for a solid cup of free drip coffee. (locations in East Nashville, Germantown, the Gulch, Marathon Village)
- Flying Saucer will give 10% off your food order when you show your “I Voted” sticker. Excludes alcohol, merch, and gift cards.
- Lockeland Table is extending community hour drink prices all night for those with a sticker.
- Hemingway’s is giving happy hour drink prices and 20% off the bar menu (only at the bar) for those with “I Voted” stickers.
- Score a caffeine boost with 20% off 8th & Roast with your sticker.
- Cupcake Collection is giving free cupcakes to the first 100 people to visit wearing that “I Voted” sticker.
- Josephine is giving free hot dogs and a little apple pie to those with stickers. Just say “add everything” to load it up with chili sauce, mustard, and onions).