The Music City Food + Wine Festival is returning for its sixth year and the bulk of the local and guest chef lineup, along with events, was announced today. Tickets for the annual festival, which takes place Sept. 14 - 16, went on sale at 10 a.m. this morning.
Returning events this year include the Chef Showcase, featuring nearly 40 local chefs on Friday and Saturday; Saturday night’s Harvest Night event spotlighting guest chefs and featuring a musical tribute to iconic disco hits of the 70s and 80s led by Kings of Leon; the return of Pappy Hour; the Sunday Gospel Brunch with an expanded lineup; and Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint and Friends, where pitmaster Pat Martin sets up his live fire playground and invites his friends to cook with him.
And there are a couple of new Friday night events this year, including the ‘Official Drink of Nashville’ bartender competition and the ‘Friday Night Throwdown,’ where chefs Anne Burrell and Tim Love will captain teams featuring players from the Nashville Predators and Tennessee Titans in a cook-off.
You can find the full rundown of participating chefs below, but some specific notes regarding the initial list:
- For the first time since the inaugural event in 2013 (then called Music City Eats), Strategic Hospitality, Nashville’s most prominent restaurant group, has zero participants. That means no Josh Habiger (Bastion), Julia Sullivan (Henrietta Red), Ryan Poli (The Catbird Seat), Trevor Moran (formerly of The Catbird Seat), or Levon Wallace, who just recently joined up with Strategic.
- Other notable local names missing are Philip Krajeck (Rolf and Daughters, Folk) and Jason Zygmont (The Treehouse).
- Gabrielle Hamilton, who just earlier this week won the James Beard award for Outstanding Chef, will be in attendance at Harvest Night.
- Harvest Night skews more heavily towards local chefs and celebrity chefs that own Nashville restaurants or have deep ties to the city than in past years, with over 60 percent of the current roster falling into those categories. Of particular interest is the inclusion of The Public House’s Tom Bayless, Eater Nashville’s Chef of the Year for 2017, in the Saturday night festivities.
As always, more details will be released as the event gets closer, so be sure to check back.
Kristopher Akers, Americano
Kahlil Arnold, Arnold’s Country Kitchen
Jessica Benefield & Trey Burnette, The Green Pheasant and Two Ten Jack
Kristin Beringson, Silo
Carey Bringle, Peg Leg Porker
Chris Carter & James Peisker, Porter Road Butcher
Maneet Chauhan, Chauhan Ale & Masala House
Trey Cioccia, The Farm House and Black Rabbit
Aaron Clemins, Kuchnia + Keller
Gerard Craft, Pastaria
Bill & Tony Darsinos, Greko Greek Street Food
Nathan Duensing, Marsh House
Matt Farley, Woolworth on Fifth and The Southern Steak & Oyster
Tony Galzin, Nicky’s Coal Fired
Daniel Gorman, Henley
Robert Grace and Andrew Whitney, Moto, Kayne Prime, and Virago
Mike Haggerty, Sea Salt
Hal M. Holden-Bache, Lockeland Table
Matt Gillie, Tànsuŏ
Matt Hyland and Graydon Atchley, Emmy Squared
Jess Lambert, etc.
Daniel Lindley, 5th & Taylor
Crystal De Luna-Bogan, The Grilled Cheeserie
Sean McTiernan, Adele’s
Michael Morales, Sunda
Deb Paquette, Etch
Kyle Patterson, Sinema
Nick Pellegrino, Mangia
Giovanni Pinato, Giovanni Ristorante
Brian Riggenbach, The Mockingbird
Andrew Rodriguez, Little Octopus
Joshua Simpson, Proper Bagel
Nina Singto, Thai Esane
David Tieman, Five Points Pizza
Elliot Cunniff, Makeready Libations & Liberation
Lisa Donovan, pastry chef and writer
Brandon Frohne, Holler and Dash Biscuit House
John Lasater, Hattie B’s Hot Chicken
Andy Little, Josephine
Pat Martin, Hugh-Baby’s BBQ & Burger Shop
Margot McCormack, Margot Cafe & Bar and Marche
Claire Meneely, Dozen Bakery
Bryan Lee Weaver, Butcher & Bee
Karl Worley, Biscuit Love
Jeni Britton Bauer, Jeni’s Ice Cream
Tom Bayless, The Public house
Matt Bolus, The 404 Kitchen
Sean Brock, Husk, McCrady’s, McCrady’s Tavern, Minero
Maneet Chauhan, Chauhan Ale & Masala House
Carla Hall, ABC’s The Chew
Gabrielle Hamilton, Prune
Tim Love, Lonesome Dove, Woodshed Smokehouse, Love Shack
Margot McCormack, Margot Cafe & Bar
Aarón Sánchez, Johnny Sánchez
Chris Shepherd, UB Preserv
Jonathan Waxman, Adele’s, Barbuto, Brezza Cucina
Tandy Wilson, City House
Andrew Zimmern, Andrew Zimmern’s Canteen
- Music City Food + Wine [Official Site]