While some are busy prepping fridges full of salads and spinach-stuffed smoothies, other people choose to make it through these challenging long days of social-distancing with a steady diet of ice cream, pie, cookies, and banana pudding. As restaurants across Nashville now rely solely on takeout and delivery, a few establishments offer a bit of sweet extravagance for curbside pick-up, or even delivery right to the front door.
Use the list below as a guide to some of the city’s best sweet treats, all available for delivery or pickup out of necessity. From peanut butter and chocolate Goo Goo ice cream to reliably comforting vats of banana pudding, there’s something on this (alphabetically sorted) list for everyone.
*This is not a comprehensive list. Please check with each place individually for available items, ordering and pick-up/delivery details as things may change quickly.
*Please practice safe and respectful social distancing measures via CDC guidelines by maintaining a distance of at least six feet or more from other people. Stay home if sick.
- Arnold’s Country Kitchen (8th Avenue S) is selling its famed pecan, cheese, and spicy chocolate pies, plus banana pudding for pick-up and next-day delivery. Order online.
- CaityPies has pies available, only during flash sales on their website, and for delivery on Fridays. Check website or Instagram for fun hand pie and full pie offerings like Key lime, miso fudge, and coconut cream.
- The Cake Project (East Nashville) makes over 40 different cheesecake flavors (think Irish cream, cinnamon swirl, or classic strawberry) — available whole or by the slice for pick-up or delivery. Call 615-538-8271, go online, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
- Christie Cookie Co. (12 South) is open Monday-Wednesday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for call ahead orders for pick-up, plus delivery via Postmates, Uber Eats, and Doordash. On Thursday through Sunday from noon to 8 p.m., the walk-up cookie window is open, plus cookie delivery. Credit card transactions encouraged.
- Coco’s Italian Market offers classic Italian desserts like cannoli, tiramisu, limoncello mascarpone cake, gelato, and affogato for pick-up or delivery. (Bonus: Donate $10 to have a meal delivered to a first responder from Coco’s Italian.)
- Colts Chocolate Co. offers curbside pick-up at the factory, plus delivery of its hand-crafted chocolates, blondies, gooey butter bars, and more. Order online or call 615-251-0100.
- The Cupcake Collection is open for curbside pick-up Sunday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Delivery available via UberEats, Postmates.
- HiFi Cookies ship easily via online ordering, and are available for curbside pick-up. “The Mixtape’’ offers an assortment of weekly rotating cookies, from lemon sugar to carrot cookies with cream cheese frosting, topped with toasted walnuts.
- El Hornito Bakery Panaderia y Pasteleria (Murfreesboro Pike) just made things easier for those with a sweet tooth, adding delivery via Uber Eats. Choose from special occasion (or just because) opera cakes, tres leches cake, and flan — all available as a whole or by the slice. They also sell a variety of conchas (Mexican sweet bread).
- Goo Goo Shop & Dessert Bar (downtown) Curbside Pickup (menu for call ahead here, and order online for pickup here) and delivery via Postmates and Uber Eats. Open daily, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Don’t miss the chance to design your own premium Goo Goo — or the ice creams made in collaboration with Hattie Jane’s Creamery. ) And you can never go wrong with the original clusters, available in variety pack form.
- The Grilled Cheeserie has what it takes, if it’s a milkshake craving someone is looking to curb. Order online for curbside pick-up or delivery of classic vanilla, peanut butter cup, or cookies and cream shakes.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams has multiple Nashville locations, ready to fulfills any and all ice cream cravings with on-demand delivery (free with order of four or more pints) from UberEats or Postmates. Jeni’s also just rolled out a “Collections for Social Distancing” ice cream package. Choose between multi-packs of flavors, like an all-chocolate pack, or go dairy-free with pints of ice cream shipped straight to the front door.
- King of Pops offers free no-contact pop delivery, plus discounted pop tokens for future use at their signature carts and cases of King of Pups for furry family members. All can be ordered here.
- Papa C Pies (Brentwood) is still operating under regular hours (Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), and has a drive-thru making pick-up easy for his assorted fruit-filled, peanut butter, and coconut cream pies. Same day ordering is available until 2 p.m. Order online for pick-up, delivery, or even have special occasion pies shipped to friends and family anywhere in the country.
- Poppy and Peep offers the father-daughter team’s beautiful bon bons for contactless delivery or shipping. Text orders to 615-293-3980.
- Retro Sno (food truck) offers sweet relief via fluffy shaved ice for those upcoming warmer days. Check social media for location.
- Sweet 16th Bakery (East Nashville) sells fresh baked goods from coconut-crusted lemon tarts to two-layer banana (Elvis) cakes layered with peanut butter cream. Smaller format treats include cupcakes, muffins, danishes, cookies, and brownies. Advance ordering (48 hours) required (615-226-8367) for full tarts and cakes. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
*Have a must try array of sweet treats not listed? Email email@example.com.