Popular bi-annual market Porter Flea adapts to the times this weekend — morphing into Porter in Place, featuring new and exclusive items from several popular Nashville-based food vendors.
PiP is now a two-day completely virtual sale — with Nashville-based vendors offering free pickup for locals. All items are sold via the vendors websites starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 8through 5 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 9. Access to the virtual edition of the event is free.
For the event, over 95 curated and juried local, regional, and national makers, designers and artists. Nashville’s Porter Flea began in 2011 with a focus on celebrating modern handmade goods. In its ninth year, the juried and curated bi-annual market is led by Nashville creative couple, interior designer Katie Vance and Matt Alexander of HollerDesign.
See a list of some of the Nashville-based food vendor exclusive offerings below.
Popular farmer’s market vendor CaityPies is offering a fun Frankenpie just for the event — a patchwork quilt of a pie featuring slices six of her most popular flavors. Slies are coffee chess, black sesame sugar cream, miso fudge, key lime, banoffee, and sour cherry old fashioned pie. They’ll also offer mini cereal icebox pies (frooty cereal milk flavor) and on the savory side — brisket mac and cheese handpies.
Nashville-based Wise Butter is selling Caesar butter (great on grilled romaine or to season vegetables), Tennessee tomato chutney, and steak sauce.
The cotton candy creators will be selling a few fun flavors, including the debut of CBD cotton candy. Other offerings include strawberry lemonade with Nerds candy bottom, raspberry mint with rainbow ribbon candy bottom, watermelon, and salted caramel with pretzel M&M candy bottom.
The cocktail mixer company is introducing two new flavors — strawberry Thai basil and Southern peach sangria.
Jackalope Brewing Co
“If You’re Not Into Yoga” is a new tropical treat blending notes of pineapple and coconut so silky, you may forget you’re holed up at home and not at the beach.
A portion of the proceeds from If You’re Not Into Yoga will go to @snapweho, a community alliance based in Wedgewood-Houston that empowers residents, enhances quality of life, and promotes the integrity of the neighborhood. Reserve online beginning this Friday, August 7th at 10 a.m. for pick-up, curbside, delivery, or shipping this weekend: www.jackalopebrew.com/orderbeer. Walk-up is available beginning Friday at 12 p.m. at @jackalopetaproom The Ranch. Click to read all of the safety precautions they’re taking at the taproom.
Saturated / Nashville
Lokelani Alabanza is creating two exclusive French macaron ice cream sandwiches. Flavorsare inspired by the movie “The Little Mermaid” and are encased in purple macaroons:
- Ursula: coconut ash and chocolate mint CBD ice cream
- Ariel: raspberry mango sorbet CBD ice cream
Gimme Some Goods / Nashville
- 615 Box: Anyam’s Achaar from Chai Wallah, Chai tea concentrate from Chai Wallah, Real fruit jellies from Honey Child Jellies, Honey from Honey Child Jellies, Nut & seed butter from Bae’s Butters, Whole bean coffee from Pumphrey & Beard Coffee, Non-alcoholic drink mixes from Perfectly Cordial
- Pantry Box: a rotating mix of goods from Geechie Boy Mill, Perfectly Cordial, Honey ChildJellies, Pumphrey & Beard Coffee, Lawhorn’s Signature Seasonings, and Bae’s Butters
- Breakfast Box: 1.5lb Geechie Boy Mill grits, honey and jelly from Honey Child Jellies, 16oz whole bean coffee from Pumphrey & Beard Coffee.